Monday, December 31, 2007

All Broken Up

I finished bottling the rest of the wine. My sister-in-law wants to use some for the toast at her wedding in May. I'm extremely honored for her to pick my wine to use for her toast.

I also started a new batch today. Same thing as before (pomegranate). I know, I know; I said I wasn't going to do pomegranate again. Everyone likes it though, and it's almost good for you! Well, maybe not so much after I add the 12 lbs of sugar to it :) We can pretend that it's good for you though right?!

I did manage to get about 12 lbs of sugar in this time. I don't know exactly how much because I had a partial bag left over from before. I purchased two 4 lb bags of sugar, and about 1/2 of a 10 lb bag. So somewhere between 10 and 15 lbs of sugar is in this batch. I mixed the water/sugar heavy to get all that in. I didn't like doing it quite that thick because I'm a bit worried about the sugar settling on the bottom of the container. It's very difficult to shake up a 5 gallon glass container after it's full to try and do a "finish mix". I got it all in though.

Oh, I also didn't get to put a full gallon of pomegranate juice in because Target didn't have 4 quarts of it. So I improvised and put 3 quarts of pomegranate and 1 quart of pomegranate/blueberry/cranberry mix. I did the best I could; at least I kept some pomegranate in it. I'll keep you posted on how it works out.


Useless tidbit of the day
It took 20,000 people 22 years to build the Taj Mahal.

No comments: